Groban Dreams About Meeting Björk
(Thank you to Camilla for this transcript)
Duets with Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion and Elton John. Now, after selling millions of copies, Josh Groban longs for that dream partner. Björk - singing with her would be amazing, he says.
25 year old Josh Groban has just visited Gothenburg and “Bingolotto”. The week before that he performed on the Oprah Winfrey show.
- Whenever she calls you’ll be there. That’s just the way it is. I like to do this different kind of shows and I think that we need a “Bingolotto” in the States, says Josh Groban.
- It seems to be a fantastic way for people to spend time together.
Right now he’s travelling around the world doing promotion for his latest album called “Awake”. An album that includes a mix of pop, world music and opera, that since his debut in 2001 has turned him in to a million selling artist.
- This time I made a checklist of all the things I wanted to do, he says. That includes cooperating with South
African group Ladysmith Black Mambazo and jazz legend Herbie Hancock.
- We met at this party and I just had to express my admiration for him, tells Josh Groban.
“Let’s give him a call”
- He thought we should get together and do something, but that’s just something you always say, right? And then when we were working on a song called “Machine” we thought “let’s give him a call”.
- When he said yes, I couldn’t believe it.
Björk is unique
Even so, Josh Groban is used to working with the celebrities of the music world. Elton John, Sting, Beyoncé and Barbra Streisand are just some of the people Josh has worked with.
- Barbra Streisand has got everything and her career is amazing, Josh says with admiration.
Dream duet for the future?
- Oh, to be able to work with Björk on the next album would be great. She’s unique.